Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a Busy Week Already

Wow, this week has been a whirlwind and it is only Tuesday night.  So far this week, I have travelled to Atlanta for the Atlanta SharePoint Users Group meeting and taught a SharePoint Designer Level 1 class at New Horizons training center.  It has been a SharePoint full week.

The drive to Atlanta was easy yesterday afternoon and much tougher on the way back to Birmingham.  There were some pretty nasty storms on the way back. I thought for a minute that I was going to get blown off the road.  But, I just kept on going and made it back. There was quite a bit of lightning and at one point I enjoyed quite a strobe light style show with the lightning and my windshield wipers.

Today's class on SharePoint Designer was a really good one.  I had a great group of people who were attending the class. I was quite happy to mix a little more of some of my presentations in with the materials for the class.  It is also always a good time for me to promote the Bham SPUG.  I am always on the lookout for new recruits for my user group.  

The rest of this week is also going to be really busy.  I am going to be assembling materials for CTS's MOSS University session on Friday.  So tomorrow at work, I will be printing and collating binders for 13 people.  These sessions are always a great learning and teaching experience for the CTS SharePoint team and also the clients who we are teaching.  We have been lucky to get about 1 of these sessions a week.  We are well on our way to our goal of 50 sessions for the year.

Let's see, I am also working on some other projects at home this week.  I am working on a baby quilt for a friend. I am also working on an invitation design for one of my charity groups.  This one is for the VSA Arts of Alabama Art Partners event in August. My other big charity meeting for this week is my board meeting for the Children's Dance Foundation.  

Boy when you put it all in writing I seem like such a busy girl.  When do I have time to do all my other SharePoint things?  I am actually thinking that I need a vacation day off soon so that I can spend some quality time with SharePoint.  I almost feel like it is getting its feelings hurt and that I am falling behind on finalizing my presentations for SharePoint Saturday events that are coming up.

1 comment:

  1. The SharePoint Designer class was great! Thank you for all your real world examples, created the dataview webpart, exported and imported and it worked!

    ReplyDelete